Too Faced Vegas Nay Stardust Palette

/
0 Comments
Yes, I understand this post for this product is LONG OVERDUE but seriously, I have not touched any makeup since November. Which explains all the backed up posts that I will be posting up in the next few weeks. This collaboration palette was released last year during the fall with Vegas Nay, a well known popular makeup artist on Instagram.


I've read on a few blogs that the colors in this palette are similar to colors that were released in the past, but I'm not too sure as I don't own any other Too Faced products to compare.


Brand: Too Faced
Released: Fall 2015
Limited Edition: Yes
Price:  45 USD


This palette contains a nice mix of matte and shimmer shadows, so you don't need to pull out any other shadows or palettes to complete a look. These shadows aren't super creamy to the touch, but they are smooth and soft.


There are twelve shades that range from matte, shimmer and glitter. I find that all of the shades pack on quite nicely over a base, except for one - "The Strip". Definitely not my favorite in this palette. I had to put about three layers in order to get a decent swatch and even then it wasn't that great. My favorite has to be "Follow Me", only because I am biased with purples and this one had a nice duo chrome feel to it - a medium purple with a blue undertone/shimmer.


Along with the palette came a few other tidbits such as a deluxe size of Shadow Insurance, Better Than Sex Mascara, a Glamour Dust Glitter in Nude Beam (that I forgot to include in the swatch - sorry!) and six makeup guides.

These swatches were done using a brush over a primer.

I received this palette as a birthday gift. I'm quite fond of Vegas Nay - she's extremely talented, though I don't think this palette did her name any justice. These colors can be easily found in other palettes that I own - definitely dupable. A nice palette with good, wearable shades, but if you skipped on this, you're really not missing out.



No comments: