Maybelline Summer 2013 Color Tattoos (LE) + EOTDs

/
8 Comments
Hello my beautiful readers! Long time no see or post! Quite a bit has happened in the past four months and I truly apologize for being M.I.A. I know some of you may be wondering what has happened, but it’s just way too much to even cut short, ha. I can’t say that I’m completely back, but I will try my best to post as often as I can.
Okay, now back to business. Those of you who have been reading recent posts about the new Maybelline Summer 2013 collection, that’s what I’ll be sharing with you today as well. This collection came with liners and nail polishes also, but I only grabbed what I think is the star of this collection – the limited edition duo chrome Color Tattoos.

I grabbed six out of the eight Color Tattoos (missing is Icy Mint and Lavish Lavender) and I must say these are some really nice colors. They’re different, creative and Maybelline has definitely upped their game with this collection. It was really difficult for me to catch the duo chrome effect on my camera but I hope you’re able to see them a bit with this angle. These colors are much more complex in person. The camera does not do these shades any justice!
Top to Bottom and Left to Right
Waves of White – White with blue/green duo chrome
Cool Crush – Cool frosty blue with blue/pink duo chrome
Blue Paradise – Deeper blue with blue/purple duo chrome
Precious Pearl – Off-white (or yellow-beige) with pink duo chrome
Shady Shores – Yellow with green/gold duo chrome
Seashore Frosts – Mid-tone blue with peachy gold duo chrome
Depending on the light and angle, these would change colors and definitely makes your makeup look much more interesting. My favorite shades are Shady Shores (similar to MAC Gorgeous Gold, but more green) and Seashore Frosts, only because I feel that these two are the more versatile out of the bunch. You can use them in both dramatic and neutral looks. It’s a definite that the shade that would sell out most in this collection is Seashore Frosts. The duo chrome effect is more noticeable than the others and it’s such a beautiful shade. Just look at it!
Maybelline Duo Chrome Cream Shadow Swatches Under Natural Light
Maybelline Duo CHrome Cream Shadow Swatches Under Flash
What I’ve noticed with these new Color Tattoos is that they’re much creamier and easier to apply than the ones in the permanent collection. They apply more evenly on the lid and layer more easily without clumping up as well. They also look great over a black base – which is shown in the looks below.
colorful look using maybelline duuo chrom shadows
Excuse my brows, I'm currently trying to grow them. :)

PRODUCTS USED:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Cool Crush
Maybelline Color Tattoo Blue Paradise
Maybelline Color Tattoo Waves of White
MAC Saffron Eyeshadow
Inglot Eyeshadow #423
BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow #MS16
Makeup Forever Aqua Brow #25
Milani Liquify in Black
Annabelle Eyeshadow in Indigo Glow
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

PRODUCTS USED:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Seashore Frosts
Maybelline Color Tattoo Shady Shores
Maybelline Color Tattoo Precious Pearl
MAC Saffron Eyeshadow
MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow
MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
Tarte emphasEYES Waterproof Amazionian Clay Brow Mousse in Taupe
Makeup Forever Aqua Brow #25
Milani Eye Tech in Brown
Annabelle Eyeshadow in Indigo Glow
Heroine Make Kiss Me Smooth Liner in Black
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
If you can get a hold of these cream shadows (has been seen at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta, Bed Bath & Beyond and CVS) I recommend Seashore Frosts, Shady Shores, Blue Paradise and Waves of White. I’m hoping to do some Prom/Graduation looks using these shadows this week so keep an eye out. Have an awesome day and rest of the week!


8 comments:

  1. I don't think these duochrome gems will be available here! T-T Blue Paradise & Seaside Frost are GORGEOUS! Love the first look; the icy blue is too striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will. You'll love Seashore Frosts! Its such a complex and beautiful shade.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! You've been missed.

    These are all gorgeous! My favourite is Seashore Frosts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've missed everyone and blogging as well. Aren't they! I should've purchased doubles haha!

      Delete
  3. love the eye looks you did, all the colors are gorge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! These colors are definitely worth the search aha.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love these i have the lavender one i think and it looks amazing when you put something on top of it

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! I will for sure be picking these up. Limited edition always goes fast when they are amazing products!

    ReplyDelete