Fact or Fiction: Drinking 8 Glasses of Water Necessary?

/
6 Comments

I wanted to make a quick post about something that's non-beauty related. This is I guess kind of health related? I don't know, take it as you wish! I was supposed to make a post of this sooner, but it completely went out of my head and I just remembered now when I heard my neighbor telling his kid its important to drink 8 glasses of water every day. But is it true? So if a lot of you watch the Food Network, then you may have heard or watched Food Detectives. There was an episode discussing whether or not it was necessary to drink 8 glasses of water each day.

Now drinking 8 glasses of water isn't a rule, its more of a recommendation. Its also been said that you should consume water that's equal to your weight. For example, something like, 130lbs/2.2 = about 60 kg = 60 ounces of water. - Healthkicker Some people say that if your urine is dark (let's say darker than apple juice?) than you will need to start drinking more water to flush out the bad nutrients in your body. So is drinking water the only way? Not quite.


On Food Detectives, it was tested that aside from just drinking water, you can get water intake from just eating alone - which makes sense. Fruits and vegetables all contain water, so its a good bet you're getting the recommended 8 glasses without even knowing it. It was also proven that you can get water intake from juice and soft drinks as well. You can visit this link here if you would like to know the percentage of water that's in certain fruits and vegetables.

I usually just drink water whenever I feel thirsty. A lot of people for sure probably already know this, but I thought it would be good to have a little discussion since I know a lot of people hate drinking water and always find alternatives. So what about you beauties? How many times do you drink water a day? Or do you even drink water at all? I'd love to hear what you all have to say and thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. It's sad to say that I only drink 1 to 2 bottles a day )= Sometimes I can't even tell whether I'm thirsty or not. So it's hard keeping it up to at least 4 bottles a day, you know? I mean, I love water and all but when I'm forcing myself to drink at least 4 bottles a day, it's kinda rough <.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like drinking water - maybe that's why I'm full of pimples :[

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I am such a water guzzler. I can drink so much water its not even funny... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelle ;
    Usually when you think you're hungry, you're most likely thirtsy. I read about the somewhere but I forgot where, lol. When I don't drink enough water, I almost always feel like dehydrated or I'm real hot. I don't know about any one else, but I guess my body function's just weird, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blair ;
    LOL. You should definitely try to start drinking some water hun. Or just eat more fruit, haha.<3

    Blovet Beauty ;
    Do you ever get bloated drinking too much water? I do. Most of my weight gain is actually water weight, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love water and I drink it all the time, probably more than 8 glasses a day. I actually have a small bottle of water around me all day long so that I can drink it whenever I want.

    ReplyDelete